Monday, April 21, 2008

My Next Project - The History of Lyon County Kentucky

On July 3, 1996, The Lyon County Herald Newspaper and the Lyon County Historical Society published a special section of the newspaper. Rae Wagoner, General Manager of The Lyon County Herald Ledger http://www.heraldledger.com/ has given me permission to reproduce the section in my blog. The edition was 24 pages long and included articles by Odell Walker, Bill Cunningham and others. This will take me quite a while to complete. Rae also sent me information on a book that is being put together by The Lyon County Herald Ledger in conjunction with the Marshall County Tribune-Courier and The Cadiz Record. It is a Pictoral History of the Lakes Area, and they're looking for historical pictures of the area. You can find information about the book and submission information here: http://www.heraldledger.com/picturebook.html  [update 8 Mar 2015  This is no longer a valid link for the herald ledger book.  I don't know if it was ever published or not.]

Happy reading. I'll start the typing tomorrow night.

No comments: