Saturday, October 18, 2008

Some Other Things I've Been Doing

I did some fun things this week that I'd like to share.

On Thursday night I attended a talk by Judy Ringel at the Tennessee Genealogical Society, on her new book: "Planting Jewish Roots in Southern Soil: Tales from the Archives of Temple Israel". Her talk was about early Jewish families in the Memphis TN area. A very enjoyable evening.

The next thing I did had nothing to do with genealogy. I went to the Square Beans Coffee Shop on the square in Collierville, TN and heard Rich Ramsey play his piano and sing. He went to high school here in Collierville, graduated from college and taught math in North Carolina and is now living in Nashville. He's extremely talented and funny. Click on song number 3 "When the Sun" at this link: Rich Ramsey

Tomorrow night I'm going to hear Dr. John Harkins talk about his new book on Shelby County Tennessee at the Tennessee Genealogical Library.

I went to the library today also and photocopied more pages from the Lyon County Kentucky Lunatic Inquest Book, so that saga will continue.....

I also talked to two people at my office about starting to work on their family history. That's always a fun thing to do.

Now I need to work on my "Using the Internet for Genealogical Research: Beyond the Basics". Still haven't figured out exactly how to structure the talk, but the time is slowing creeping up on me: November 8th, 2008 at the Pickering Center, next door to the Tennessee Genealogical Library.

No comments: