Thursday, October 27, 2011

Familysearch.org - I'm impressed

I've been perusing the Kentucky Probate records the last few days, following one of my families. I was branching out into counties surrounding Lyon, Caldwell, Livingston and Christian. I went to look for Trigg and noticed that Trigg county probate records had been overlooked/dropped.....? I took a minute to send an email to let the familysearch.org folks know that they had left out Trigg county. I want you to know how pleasantly surprised I was to receive an actual response within a couple of days, not only telling me that they had replicated my problem/statement and they would let their engineering group know, but they also took the time to find Trigg on their wiki - AND send me the link - AND to find Trigg in their catalog - AND send me the link with the suggestion that I could order those probate records from the family history center. I've never received such a thorough and pleasant response from a support group - ever. Thank you familysearch.

I hope all of you take the time to let posters of data know if something is wrong - I'm one of those that sends corrections to ancestry.com when Wilson has been indexed as Hilson (or whatever the error) so that the next person will be able to find these folks too.

Just my thought for the day.

No comments: