Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Emancipation of Cyrus White

I was reading through the Caldwell County Probate records (around 1848) trying to see if there was more enlightening information to help with one of my brick walls (Crittenden Armstrong) and I found this gem that I know would be wonderful for someone to find in their genealogical research:

Monday Sept 18, 1848; Caldwell County KY; Kentucky probate records 1792-1977; Order books, 1846-1850 Vol II; on family search.org site. [ note from Debbie: image #130 of 217 in this series]

[note from Debbie: in amongst all the guardian notices and road surveys, I found this entry]:
Monday Sept 18th, 1848
This day a deed of emancipation was produced in open court and acknowlel'd by Peggy Smith liberating her husband Cyrus White, of yellow complexion about 5 feet 10 inches high, rather spare made & about 46 years of age.

No comments: