Friday, May 27, 2011

What the first "summer thing" a teacher does

I don't understand it, but it seems that teachers have an uncontrollable NEED to clean or organize something the first week after school is out for the summer. I'm no exception as I sit here in the chaos of my office as I pull all the old computers, cables, cell phones, boxes with instructions out of my office closet. Also in this closet are office supplies (some I haven't touched in years), hobby supplies (paints, brushes, canvases, frames, beads); 3.5" floppy disks (haven't needed THOSE for several years); disks that came with old computers and on and on. Now I have to figure out where to take old computers and old batteries for recycling and what can go into the city trash. There are VHS tapes which I've already converted to CD; math books; arggggggh. This was the first thing on my "to do" list for the summer. The second thing is to clean out the upstairs play room. I kept all the toys the three kids ever had (how did I buy SO MANY stuffed animals) because I just knew they would want them for THEIR kids..... not. Oh well. I'm sure a lot of these things can be donated to some groups who will appreciate them. I just have to get rid of the "junk" first. See you when I dig out.....

No comments: