Sunday, August 10, 2008

Definitely a "mid-life" post today

Last night we attended a Crosby, Stills and Nash concert. The venue was the Botanical Gardens and the music started at 8:30 at night. The wonderful part about the location is that we could take our coolers with wine, beer, food, a big blanket and our lawn chairs. We had to walk quite a way from our car, but luckily for our age group, the coolers now have wheels and the lawn chairs are extremely light, fold up and come in little bags with straps for carrying. The best part was the company we were with: My sister-in-law, my brother-in-law, my husband, me and all three of our children. How special is that?! On the other side was the music. It was a fairly listless concert. I think this was the last concert of a long tour and the open spaces might have dissipated the sound a little too much. The group was at its best with the old acoustic favorites, and being so far from the stage, the multiple large screens placed around the area helped us to see them, but the music was just a little disappointing to me. With all that said, I had a wonderful time and it was so great being with all three of my children for the first time in such a long time.

No comments: