Thursday, May 15, 2008

What's Going on This Week

Since I've started back to work full time, it's been a bit hectic. I used to juggle three kids, a job in which I travelled all the time, a husband working full time, housework, all the sports that all three kids could muster and still have time to see a movie every now and then. I'm much older, with all the kids out of the house, someone I pay to clean my house and I'm finding this working thing exhausting!! Middle age indeed.....

Our youngest is home for a week from college. She still seems to live all over the house. We get so used to having things our way that it's a bit of a shock to the system to have the kids back in the nest, even for a short time. Nice, but a shock. Tomorrow is the birthday of our middle son, and the weekend before last we drove to St Louis to see our oldest, his wife and our two grandchildren.

In a few weeks I'll be attending a week long genealogy class at Samford in Birmingham. That should be fun. This week I'm being interviewed, along with a couple of others from our Tennessee Genealogical Society, on a radio show, about technology in genealogy. Also this week, I'm giving my "Getting Started in Genealogy" lecture again at the Tennessee Genealogical Society. I guess I'm not sitting in that rocking chair yet!!

I'm still working on my next project for this blog, so don't stop reading yet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Have a great day.

No comments: