Friday, October 6, 2023

Well, I guess you're never too old for a new adventure. We've moved close to the Virginia area from which some of our Kentucky ancestors moved over eight generations ago (counting from my grandkids generation). We're also working on the parents living with their grown kids and their family "thing". Still living in boxes. Still constructing a real kitchen from a basement wet bar (think 8 inch sink or so). Guys standing behind me as I type this, are running wires from one end of the basement to the other end of the house to the breaker box; drilling into concrete to lay a drainage line for my washing machine; Virginia basement bedrooms need windows to the outside so the firefighters can save you; the hills/mountains disrupt cell phone coverage; google maps is my constant companion; finding new doctors, hair stylists, on and on and on. The forest and trails behind our backyard are beautiful. The schools in the neighborhood are great. The kids have made instant friends among the 31(!) kids at their school bus stop. After the current (and more to come) construction is finished and the boxes are unpacked I can enjoy even more the little voices that yell "hello" at the top of our basement stairs and run down for a good night kiss or come down to just talk or help throw leaves off the patio. I have signed up for my first Virginia Genealogy in-person seminar. They'll be discussing local resources at the National Archive, the DAR and the Library of Congress. All just across the Potomac River from us!! What fun, and meeting more "genealogy people" too. More to come and I'll add pictures!

No comments: