Thursday, July 1, 2021

 July 1, 2021

I've been posting quite a few old pictures to the Facebook Group "Lyon County Love Affair - Kentucky Celebration" lately.  I have quite a few pictures, from my grandmother and her sister, that show MANY people who lived in Lyon county.  They're not all relatives, although they might be, as my ancestors have been in Caldwell/Lyon/Trigg for a couple hundred years.  That means that I probably share DNA with most of these people, but haven't researched ALL the people who are not within three generations or so.  It's been a satisfying thing to do.  I wish everyone on the group would do it, as we ALL probably have pictures that contain someone else's ancestors and I know I'd LOVE to see pictures that other people have of MY ancestors.

Here's an example of one I posted:

This is one of my Aunt Iva Cummins (1880-1957).  I used the MyHeritage site (to which I have a subscription, but you can do a certain number of enhancements without a subscription).  Post those pictures folks!!!!!



No comments: