Things I've learned:
- Moving gets harder the older you are.
- Downsizing is difficult. Mother loved that "thing" but the kids don't or they don't have room for it either, so maybe someone else will like it if we give it away.
- There's not enough time to do the genealogy research I want to do.
- Our new house is more than 1000 square feet smaller than the previous house in which we lived for sixteen years.
- We lived in Collierville for 34 years. That's the longest we ever lived in one town.
- There are a LOT of corn fields in Marion Arkansas
- Marion is like the small towns in which I grew up. The furniture store owner, my new dentist, my realtor, my builder..... all now know my life history. They're interested in people and where you're from and how long did you live there and where did you go to school..... Just like me. Maybe it's a good move. People who have never lived in a small town might now understand that.
From the grandchildren:
- Don't take your eyes off the Easter bunny. Not ... for... one... minute.
- What's the secret a three year old whispers to her 6 week old baby brother? "Run Away!!" hmmmm.
- One of my grandchildren will be a senior in high school this fall.
- I picked up the three year old at daycare. She wanted to go to the Shake Shack for strawberry ice cream. We decided that she should finish the second half after her dinner. That evening she asked her Mommy to take a picture of her eating the rest of the ice cream and to tell me she loved me. <3 li=""> 3>
- My daughter said "yestertime" when she was three. Her three year old said "yestermorrow".
- The three year old was asked this question: What do you want to be when you grow up? Her answer: "Sleeping beauty and a lawyer with a crown and pink heels. And a pink dress with no shoes."
I've held a monthly genealogy/technology class at the Tennessee Genealogical Society since 2009. It's time for some new ideas and some new "blood" for the group, so I'm going to hand it over to someone else. I know I'll miss the group but I think it's time.
All the boxes are unpacked but the pictures are not all hung and everything may not be where it will eventually end up and I need a few area rugs and the grass is show to come up outside but the office is "done" so all is well with the world.